AOL founder Steve Case's investment company, Revolution, announced on Tuesday the eight Maine startups that will compete for a $100,000 investment during the company's upcoming pitch competition tour.
Case will visit Portland on Oct. 2 as part of the Rise of the Rest bus tour that will invest $1 million total in startups. The tour will visit 10 cities, starting in Baltimore on Sept. 28.
The following companies will take part in the competition:
• Likeable Local, social media automation software company with offices in Portland and New York City
• Dream Local Digital, a Rockland-based digital marketing agency for small businesses
• Rapport, a Portland-based company developing sustainability software for small and midsize businesses
• CourseStorm, an Orono-based company that develops software for online registration for educational programs
• Spring Point Solutions, a Portland-based company developing software for the electric motor and pump sales industry
• iKNO Intranet, a Portland-based introspective software company
• Introspective Systems, a Portland-based software company targeting any industry struggling with big-data challenges
• Lobster Unlimited, a company out of the University of Maine developing products from lobster-processing industry waste.
Sign up now to get statewide business news each day with the Daily Report